PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
Effective from 2nd May 2020.
www.jobfill.co.uk (the “Site”) is owned and operated by First Design (UK) Ltd and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Who we are and how to contact us
The Site is operated by First Design (UK) Ltd (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11579800. We are a limited company.
Use of the Site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorised processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing. Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorised processing of information. In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Customer as a result of access to the site or the Services, the Customer agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to us or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
What’s in these terms?
1. By using the Site you accept these terms
2. By using the Site, you confirm that you accept these candidate/recruiter Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
3.If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use the Site.
4. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
5. Object of the agreement and scope of the Services
We offer a variety of career services via the Platforms. We want to be your lifelong career assistant. If your life perspective changes, you are developing or reaching for new goals, we offer the right career support. We aim to build a long-lasting relationship, to build a product and a Service, that is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and which enables you to take your life and future in your own hands.
You must register to use certain Services. The registration of an account will give your opportunity to advertise your job opportunity and manage your existing jobs. The candidates can directly apply to any jobs suited to them and their detail will be passed to recruiter. To provide you with the specific Services under registration or for the calculation of the term, we will store the date of your last activity at the Platforms (“Last Activity Date”), which can include the date of your registration, and last use of Services like applying for a job
a. Services available without registration
Without the registration of an account you may use all Services that are available on our website without registration. Particularly you can browse jobs that are published on our website.
b. Job alerts
Job alert service will only be available when registered/. You can set up job alert in you account with your choice of industry & job. You can choose to delete your alert through your account page.
c. Your Account
Certain Services will only be available as part of an account on the Site. If you enter into an agreement for an account, you can use additional Services as described hereinafter. You can register for an account as described in section c1.
c1. Your Account/Profile
After registration you will be directed to your account page where you can update your personal information. This will be only visible to you and only for Jobfill team reference. You can also manage your job listing through your account page and post your new job. Recruiter can only see your username when you apply for job listed by them.
You can also manage your profile and add a profile picture. We will only keep you profile activity information for security reason. We will only share your application data which you have submitted during you job submission.
If you choose to create a Profile with us, then we will keep your information on file until you ask us to delete your account from our Database.
We do not warrant or guarantee a minimum volume of storage capacity for your Profile. We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently restrict the data volume for uploads of data, especially if necessary due to technical reasons, for example in order to maintain or optimise the Service.
c2. Application History
Within your account we store your applications to job listings that were published on the Platforms for two months in a history that can be accessed via your account. Information from such applications can be used to prefill fields if you create a Profile as per section c1. above.
c3. Additional functions for Job alerts
In your Account you can manage the “Jobs Alert” settings, i.e. the criteria used to match your job alerts. We also send “Instant job match” job alerts based on your search behaviour and your job inventory changing. You can at any time deactivate it anytime through your account.
c4. Deceased User
In the event of the death of user, a person authorised to act on behalf of the estate, or a verified immediate family member of the deceased can request to have the deceased user’s account removed. We will require additional documentation for this request in order to avoid unauthorised and false reports. Be assured that the requested information will remain confidential and will be deleted once we have reviewed it.
There are other terms that may apply to you
This Acceptable Use Policy refers to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Site:
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Candidates and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply Candidate to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable candidate for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a candidate or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the candidate and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the candidate to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the candidate or the recruiter for the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether candidate are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose candidate to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a candidate; or,
- make any arrangements for accommodation of candidate.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the “Regulations”) seek to ensure that candidate are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered candidate who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce candidate to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a candidate you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a candidate’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
- If you are a candidate; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a jobseeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the candidate and that the candidate has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a jobseeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where jobseekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the jobseeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the jobseeker. For more details of how to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, visit then Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) website.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
We may make changes to the terms of these terms
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
Job search safety
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit www.safer-jobs.com for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These Terms, their subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.