Gemini Tec Ltd
Job Ref: 205591796
GU12, Tongham, Surrey- Hampshire- United Kingdom
Salary £30000.00 – £25000.00 Annum – Permanent
Purchasing Electronics – Buyer
Gemini Tec are long established family owned business, having traded successfully for over 40 years. Today we are a well-respected electronics design and manufacturing company, with a desire and strategy for success within our market. We employee a loyal, dedicated and enthusiastic workforce, managed in a modern, friendly and professional environment.
Our facility is super clean and fully air-conditioned based on the outskirts of Aldershot, where we have plenty of free on-site parking.
We are looking for a new team member: Purchasing/Buyer
Brief Job Description:
* To purchase materials on time and within budget, working within our MRP environment. Creating detailed part numbers, multi level BOM’s, drawings and issue controlled documents to place RFQ’s and orders on suppliers.
* Prepare material costing/quotations in line with customer requirements using a variety of software tools.
* Working with our planning and materials kitting departments to ensure materials are available in full & on time.
* Engaging with customers regarding obsolescence, technical queries and availability issues, providing added value solutions.
* Control and purchasing of consumable items and ad-hoc requirements, including progressing orders, negotiating on price/cost, delivery and payment terms.
* Working with the purchasing manager to continuously review methods to and improve process, along with reduce costs to the business.
* Minimum 3 years purchasing experience or 1 year within a similar role
* Excellent IT Skills, particularly MS Excel.
* Excellent communication skills with customers and suppliers.
* Experience of stock control/MRP systems
* We are an established business, with a reputation for service and integrity, offering a professional environment and room for progression.
* Company contributed pension scheme.
* Free life assurance.
* Paid overtime.
* 27 days paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
* Free parking on-site.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application